Fig Chili Truffles
Posted by francesca.capin on
- 10 oz. dark chocolate, chopped
- ⅔ cup heavy cream
- 5 T. unsalted butter
- ¼ cup vomFASS Fig Chili Balsam Vinegar
- ½ cup cocoa powder
- ½ cup Red Hots, finely crushed (optional)
- Chop the chocolate into tiny pieces and place in a large glass bowl.
- Heat the cream and butter in a small saucepan over medium-low heat, just to simmering. Pour hot mixture over the chocolate and whisk until chocolate is completely melted. Gradually stir in Fig Chili Vinegar, until completely incorporated. Refrigerate at least 2 hours.
- Using small scoop or melon baller, make chocolate balls and place on parchment paper lined baking sheet. Refrigerate for 45 minutes.
- Place cocoa powder (or finely crushed Red Hots) on a plate. Roll each chocolate ball in the powder, shaping gently into rounds in your palms. Add powder if they get too sticky.
Tip: Truffles may be refrigerated in an airtight container, but bring up to room temperature before serving.