For the dough:
- 2 cups pastry flour
- 2 cups cold unsalted butter
- 1/8 cup cold water
- 1/8 cup VOM FASS Apple Balsamic Star
For the filling:
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 tsp. cardamom
- 1 tsp. nutmeg
- 1/8 cup butter
- 5 apples, cored and sliced thin
- In a mixing bowl, cut butter into flour until butter is in pea size chunks.
- Add water and VOM FASS Apple Balsamic Star and mix just until a dough forms.
- Flatten the dough with plastic wrap and place in the refrigerator for at least 15 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 375F.
- Combine sugar, cardamom, nutmeg and set aside.
- Place the dough on a floured surface and roll out to 1/8 inch thickness.
- Transfer the dough to a baking pan.
- Arrange the apples in rows by overlapping each other about half way.
- Dot the top of the apples with chunks of butter and dust with the sugar mixture.
- Bake for 35-40 minutes or until golden brown.
- Drizzle with VOM FASS Honey Balsamic Vinegar to finish.