- 1 cup brown sugar, packed
- ½ cup half-and-half
- 4 T. butter
- Pinch salt
- 1 T. vanilla extract
- 2 T. vomFASS Rye Whiskey
- Banana slices
- Waffles / Hot Cakes (Your choice of recipe or store-bought)
- Mix the brown sugar, half-and-half, butter and salt in a saucepan over medium-low heat. Cook while whisking gently for 5 to 7 minutes, until it gets thicker.
- Add the vanilla and Whiskey and cook another minute to thicken further. Turn off the heat, cool slightly and pour the sauce into a jar. Refrigerate until cold.
- When topping the waffles heat the caramel in a microwave to thin the sauce. When the caramel is thin, stir in banana slices, pour mixture over the waffles and finish with a pinch of sea salt.
Tip: Serve this with a sample of the VOM FASS Rye Whiskey.